Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Aunt Margaret's Deviled Eggs

 
After I found a method to make perfect hard-boiled eggs, John asked me to make his Great-Aunt Margaret's deviled eggs. She makes them at the lake all the time, and apparently it's one of his favorite things. In fact, he says he doesn't particularly like any deviled eggs besides hers. I obviously had to make them asap.

When I told John I was going to make them he got so excited that he boiled the eggs with this method I posted about last week, AND he peeled the shells off all of them! It gave me time to finish up some laundry and work before enjoying these delicious little treats with a very appreciative husband. Happy appetizing - and thanks, Aunt Margaret!

Aunt Margaret's Deviled Eggs
Recipe by John's Aunt Margaret
Yields 12 deviled egg halves
Pin It
Ingredients:
*6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled of shells
*3 tbsp. mayo (I used light mayo)
*1 tsp. prepared mustard (I used stone ground)
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/8 tsp. pepper

Preparation:
*Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. (You can slice a small bit off the bottom of the half and they will sit on the plate better).

*Mash the yolks well with a the tines of a fork before adding the other ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well - it may still be a little lumpy, but that is ok. If it seems a little dry, add more mayo so that it is creamy.

*Spoon into egg whites so that it is mounded. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

*Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.  

mashed yolks and the mixture
all done - and delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...