Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blue Cheese Vinaigrette


This is the delightful dressing that I paired with this fantastic BBQ Chicken Salad. I made a few modifications to the original recipe to lighten it up a bit, and we thought it tasted great. And by great, I mean super fantastic. Wow! I will definitely plan to use this with some other salads this summer. Thank goodness it was just two of us so we have leftovers for more salads this week. Yum! :)

Blue Cheese Vinaigrette 
Recipe adapted from Two Peas in Their Pod, via Jourdan Leigh in the kitchen
Serves about 8



Ingredients:
*2/3 cup olive oil
*1/3 cup rice vinegar
*1 medium shallot, chopped
*1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
*2 tablespoons peach jam (I used about 1-2 tsp of honey instead)
*1 cup fat free Greek yogurt 

*1 cup blue cheese or Gorgonzola
*Salt and pepper to taste
   

Preparation:
*Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more olive oil and blend again.

*Serve over your favorite salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...