Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad


Happy first day of summer! In honor of this glorious day, I decided to make a yummy salad that screamed summer to me. And let me tell you, this salad is one of the best I've had. Well, that John and I have both had, because he raved about it all night.

This salad is packed with so much flavor, that even 3 hours after eating, I'm still satisfied and quite full. Though, full disclosure, I did have some PBF saltine sandwiches for dessert. Anyoo...I guarantee you and your family will love this. It is filling and beyond tasty. We're already planning to have it for lunch tomorrow!

PS: Do yourself a favor, and make it with the blue cheese vinaigrette. Jackpot!

BBQ Chicken Salad
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod, via Jourdan Leigh in the kitchen
Serves 2



Ingredients:
*4 red potatoes, washed and cut in fourths or sixths
*olive oil
*salt & pepper
*2 chicken breasts
*BBQ sauce-use your favorite brand (team Sweet Baby Rays over here!)
*mixed greens (I used half bag baby spinach + 2 romaine hearts, chopped)
*2/3 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
*1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
*2/3 cup corn
*1/2 red onion, chopped
*1 avocado, sliced 

Preparation:

*For the potatoes: Toss in olive oil and S&P and roast at 400 degrees until tender.  Toss in a little more olive oil and S&P after they are done (I think mine took about 25 mins).

*For the chicken: Cook according to your preference (I did mine on a sear pan in the house: heat olive oil on a skillet; add chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side). Slice/chop chicken breasts, and slather each piece generously with BBQ sauce. Set aside.

*Prepare your dressing. You can use ranch (or something else), but I highly, highly suggest making this blue cheese vinaigrette (ah-mazing).

*Prepare the salad: Toss salad ingredients (chicken breasts, greens, tomatoes, black beans, corns, bell peppers) in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing.  Add a few potatoes in the side of each bowl and serve salad in those bowls. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...