Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{Slow-Cooker} Creamy Chicken & Black Bean Chili


Hey there! No need to be impressed with another post so soon. In fact, judge away as I tell you that I typed up this post back in November, and just recently got around to editing the pictures. I'm surprised that I still had them!

However, my tardiness is no bash on this quick meal. I whipped it up in a flash before work, and we had plenty of leftovers to freeze and eat later. This was a tasty and easy meal, and perfect for the cold winter months. Enjoy!

{Slow-Cooker} Creamy Chicken & Black Bean Chili
Serves 4-8, depending on servings



Ingredients:
*2 chicken breasts
*1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*1 can diced and fire-roasted tomatoes (Heinz & Trader Joe's make this)
*2 cups frozen corn
• 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon minced onion
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

• = seasoning

Preparation:
*Place chicken breasts in a slow-cooker. Top with black beans and corn.

*Combine cream of chicken soup, tomatoes and seasonings in a bowl. Mix well and pour on top of items in slow-cooker. Stir to combine.

*Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Finish with your favorite toppings - cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), chives, crackers, etc. - or enjoy as-is!

before and after slow-cooker

ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...