Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with Pesto, Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomatoes


Oh and with spinach, too. But that would have made the title even longer than it already is.

Okay...I have a problem. I've been stuffing everything lately, as I'm sure you've noticed. Maybe it's because I've finally figured out how to slice the meat without cutting all the way through. Or perhaps it's because it's just so easy to make a full meal by stuffing a few extra ingredients inside it. Either way, this is a problem I can handle.

I came up with this while planning a dinner party with some of my sorority sisters. I was hosting everyone, and I wanted something that would be easy, wouldn't make a big mess, and would allow me to spend time with my girlfriends instead of glued to the kitchen. Oh, and something super tasty, too.

This met all the requirements! I was able to have the tenderloin all rolled up and ready, and popped it in the oven once everyone arrived. I enjoyed sitting with my friends, having a glass of wine, and knowing dinner was in the bag. I think it turned out great, and received many compliments from the girls - even one who normally doesn't eat meat. This night was a success, and a perfect evening filled with wonderful friends! :)

Pork Tenderloin with Pesto, Goat Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Spinach
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 4-6, depending on portion sizes. 
Pin It
Ingredients:
*pork tenderloin (my 1.5 lb package included 2 tenderloins; I rolled both of them)
*2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
*2 oz. light cream cheese
*1.5 oz. goat cheese
*6 oz. spinach, roughly cut or torn
*1/3 cup pesto
*olive oil
*salt and pepper
*2 cloves garlic, minced

Preparation: 
*Preheat oven to 400.

*Combine cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, pesto and garlic in a bowl. Mix until well combined.

*Create a slit in the pork tenderloin, lengthwise, so it lays flat like a book (careful not to cut all the way through!). Spread mixture onto tenderloin, and roll it up (lengthwise, like a jelly roll). Use toothpicks to secure.

*Place stuffed and rolled tenderloin on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

*Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork is 155 degrees.  
Note: I would highly suggest using a meat thermometer because I saw so many different suggestions when researching cooking times. Time will vary based on thickness of your pork, oven, etc.

*Let pork rest for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
blurry...but you can see it cut

Open like a book

Showing how I cut it

the filling!

spread out

secured with toothpicks

toothpicks, olive oil, slat and pepper done

cooked!

sliced and standing

yummy filling



5 comments:

  1. this was so so good! can't wait to make it and the green beans for me & cor next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it! :) Hope Corey enjoys it, too!

      Delete
    2. I have been enjoying that raspberry chocolate tart of yours all week - YUM!

      Delete
  2. We love your pictures and recipes, they are mouth watering. Would love for you to share them with us at foodieportal.com. We are new but at foodieportal.com we are not photography snobs, we are just foodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That sounds so fun, and I will definitely check it out! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...