Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce


I'm going to start by saying that you need to make this. Like now. Especially if you like sushi. Especially, especially if you like sushi but not the raw fish part. This has all the amazing flavors of sushi, but with cooked fish. There are amazing flavors in this dish. Sweet, tangy, spicy, creamy - you name it! Yet somehow it all works together beautifully.

It was perfect for tonight. After a delicious Five-Cheese Pizza last night, I wanted to keep it light on calories and carbs. This definitely fit the bill. My body was clearly craving fish and veggies, because I felt so good after this meal. A reminder that healthy foods make you feel better than others. But what's life without some indulging, right? :)

Jourdan adapted this recipe from Boogie Blog (the domain name just expired so I can't link up to her site anymore). I don't know what was in the original recipe, but I don't even care. That's how amazing Jourdan's version was. 

Why did I wait so long to make this recipe? I saw Jourdan post this months ago, and I drooled over her pictures. But, I was too intimidated by the sriracha sauce part. Turns out? Sriracha sauce is just Asian hot sauce. And it makes this salmon extra, extra delicious. No reason to be scared. Pick up a cheap bottle and make this!

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce
Recipe by Jourdan Leigh, adapted from Boogie Blog
Serves 2 
Pin It
Ingredients:
*two salmon filets (I used one long filet and cut it in half)
*1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
*2 tablespoons soy sauce
*2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
*1 tablespoon brown sugar
*1/2 tsp ground ginger (I used 1/4 tsp)
*1/2 tsp garlic powder (I used 1/4 tsp)
*1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
*1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
*1-2 tablespoons half & half or cream (I used 1 tablespoon half & half)
*1 green onion, sliced
*sesame seeds 

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

*Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, teriyaki, & brown sugar in small bowl.  Place salmon in baking dish and sprinkle with ginger & garlic.  Pour sauce over salmon.

*Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

*Whisk together Sriracha, mayo, and half & half until smooth (add additional cream if needed to get desired thickness).

*Once you remove salmon from the oven, place on plate (or over brown rice) and spoon pan sauce over salmon.  Drizzle salmon with the Sriracha cream sauce and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. 

Salmon plus garlic powder, plus ginger powder, plus teriyaki sauce mixture

close up! pan sauce spread, sriracha cream sauce poured, plus sesame seeds & green onion

Dinner! :)





4 comments:

  1. Lauren your pictures look great! I agree this was such a good find! I need to make it again next week I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was surprised at how they turned out given it was night and on my phone - our camera is on the fritz! :( But this is seriously my new favorite. I bought salmon last night to make it again next week. You've got to try it with the teriyaki-roasted green beans. Amazing!

      Delete
  2. FYI, there's a string of hair across the left side of salmon and rice, in the main picture... You might want to replace the pic. but other than that, it looks nice and delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the shot, but it looks like I'll have to make and re-shoot this recipe just in case!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...