Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

 
I first made these muffins around Thanksgiving to bring for our family to enjoy before the wonderful feast ahead of us. They are very easy to put together, and we enjoyed them so much that I made batches around Christmas to give as gifts to coworkers and others. They have a ton of flavors, and thanks to the pumpkin, not much oil/butter is even required.

A big thank you to Jourdan for always posting such great recipes that I must immediately recreate! Hopefully you enjoy these as much as both of our families have. Cheers!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yields 12 muffins


Ingredients:
*3/4 cups all purpose flour
*3/4 cups whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose if you want)
*1/2 teaspoon of salt
*3/4 cup sugar
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 cup pumpkin puree
*1/2 cup olive oil (I used 2 tablespoons of butter instead)
*2 eggs, beaten
*1/4 cup water
*1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
*1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/2 teaspoon allspice
*1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
*1 cup chocolate chips

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350°F.  Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.

*Mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup of water, and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, but do not mix too thoroughly.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  

*Pour into 12 lined muffin tins.  Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool muffins on a cooling rack.

Assemble ingredients
Sift flour ingredients | Mix wet ingredients and spices | Combine flour and wet mixtures | Add chocolate chips
Pour batter into lined-muffin tin | Remove from oven and cool on metal rack
Dig in!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man. These are happening. This weekend. Just need to figure out how to make them gluten free. Friend gave me gluten-free flour, so I'm pretty sure it will be easily adaptable.
    Also learned I can't buy regular chocolate anymore :( Every single chocolate known to man has soy lectin in it (turns out I'm allergic to soy). Thankfully found Enjoy life, a dairy, nut and soy free version at Whole Foods :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you were able to figure out you had that allergy so you can make those positive changes. I'd love to hear how these turn out with your gluten-free modifications!

      Delete
  2. yum!!!! I make something like that:) Thanks for being back!!! LOVE reading your blog!!! See you on FRiday
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...