Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Update

Happy Monday!

I hope you've all had a wonderful day and even better weekends. I was beyond busy Saturday, but actually managed to REST and relax Sunday. Even better? I had Monday off, and not only did I catch up on laundry, but I cleaned the apartment and made John one of his favorite meals - Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Lasagna! After I finish this post I plan to enjoy the evening with my hubby and pup and watch The Bachelor finale - judge away!

Friday night John and I met up with his siblings, Lauren and JB, and enjoyed some steamed mussels, delicious fries and lots of laughter at Brugge Brasserie in Broadripple. We had a blast, and it was so nice to spend time together while JB was home from IU and Lauren is still an Indy resident!

JB is happy to cheese for the camera but John wasn't feeling it :)
Brothers and sisters!

 
Saturday was filled with events! We had Saturday School, where the parents come to school with their students, and my sweet first graders gave oral reports in front of the entire class. I was so proud of how hard they worked and how well their reports went!

After spending the remainder of the afternoon at a leadership training conference for Leadership for Educational Equity, I had a few minutes at home before heading to dinner with some of my sorority sisters at Ambrosia. We were celebrating Lindsey's engagement, and ended up finding many other reasons to celebrate. We laughed so much and spent almost three hours enjoying tasty food and even better company. A perfect girls night out!

The girls!
Cape coat: Kenneth Cole via ideeli.com (last winter)
Shoes: Society 86 via ideeli.com (style Bamboo 33)
Blazer: Belatrix via Nordstrom (now only available in plus size and petite)
Tank: via Target
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity via Nordstrom
Necklace: Monogrammed yellow gold (Christmas gift from John's parents!)
Earrings: Black onyx and Sterling Silver (Christmas gift from John's parents!)




John and I enjoyed our Sunday together, especially since our Hoosiers clinched the Big Ten title in a very exciting and close game against Michigan! Once the buzzer went off we literally jumped up screaming, complete with John spinning me in circles. True IU fans here!

Our little stinker loves her IU sweater from Grandma!
Celebrating!!

Love this! My favorite player since his freshman year - Oladipo!
Not all was perfect, as a driver ran a read light and hit our car on our way home from dinner with John's parents, but thankfully no one was injured and the wonderful IMPD officer took care of us. We've spend most of today on the phone with insurance agents, but that's what insurance is for, right?

Now I'm off to snuggle with my freshly groomed pup, and enjoy the evening with my little family. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend filled with laughter, rest and new memories!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love your entire outfit, particularly the jacket and the heels! (As I sit here in athletic shorts and one of Bryan's old T-shirts....)

    2. Can't wait to tweet you during the Bachelor finale tonight!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thank you!! (As I sit here in yoga pants and my IU t-shirt...haha!)

      2. Our Bachelor tweets are one of my favorite parts of Monday nights!! Promise we'll still do it when we're old and have crazy kiddos running around the house?!

      Heart you!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...