Sunday, July 14, 2013

NashVegas


It's official - after two bachelorette parties in Nashville, I can confidently declare it the Vegas of the Midwest. If Nashville's tourism office hasn't jumped on that marketing ploy, they are seriously missing out.

My dear friend Ally - who got married yesterday!! - decided Nashville was the perfect place for us to celebrate her impending nuptials, and surrounded by sorority sisters, we had a blast. Here's a brief look at our weekend in country music's home.

Friday Night

We arrived and headed out for some food and beverages. We were dancing in our seats at the dinner table, so clearly we had to take our fun on the town.

Dinner and beverages at McFadden's
From left: Sara (aka Swade!), Jourdan, Rachael, me, Lindsey, Ally (aka the bride!) and Courtney


Shenanigans

Coyote Ugly...I decided to remain on the ground and hold all the purses :)

My NashFash:
Dress: French Connection, via Bloomingdale's outlet - from John's sweet grandma, Mimi!
Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs, via Nordstrom
Earrings: Arden B
Shoes (shown below): Nine West, via Nine West outlet
Cheers to the Bride! (with her brother and his friend, our protectors!)
"Elephants" and me laughing at our silly games!


Saturday Afternoon

Courtney had the brilliant idea to rent a pontoon boat on the lake in Nashville. We packed some coolers, Jimmy John's subs, snacks and lots of SPF for our day on the water. The entire afternoon was perfect! We relaxed, talked, laughed, swam and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Honestly, it could not have been a more perfect day!

Ladies on the lake!
Safe Sun ladies in our hats! And, yes, I am totally rocking the high-waist bikini bottoms. After getting my first high-waist bikini, I am officially a convert. You will now rarely find me in anything else.

My NashFash:Hat: via Saks off 5th outlet
Sunglasses: Target
Top: Target
Bottoms: American Apparel


Saturday Night

After some much-needed showers, we gathered in the Bride's suite for some champagne before heading to dinner at a fantastic local restaurant. We enjoyed live music and delicious Southern food. After dinner and some more champagne - always necessary at Bachelorette parties! - we went out on the town. We did some karaoke and danced up a storm, again, line dancing and shaking our behinds at some local bars and dance clubs.

Ally's brother and his friend came with us, and they were our knights-in-shining armor, protecting us from any boys who would get within a 5-foot radius. I told John that if he's not with me, they need to be, because we were able to enjoy our evening without anyone approaching us. Seriously, it was awesome!

Our beautiful bride!
At dinner -  "Little Black Dresses" for the ladies!
From left: Jourdan, Rachael, me, Lindsey, Jamie

My NashFash:
Dress: BCBGMaxAzaria, via BCBG Outlet -from John's sweet grandma, Mimi!
Necklace: Amrita Singh, via Rue La La
Earrings: Sapphire and Diamond set in white gold
Shoes (pictured in top photo/header): Calvin Klein, via Bloomingdale's outlet
Bag (pictured in top photo/header): Marc by Marc Jacobs, via Nordstrom
Cheers to the bride!
Dinner
From left: Rachael, me, Ally, Courtney, Lindsey, Jamie, Swade
Karaoke...Spice Girls' "Wannabe" - so perfect!
Karaoke!

Next up...Ally's wedding post!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Mrs. Rapp. So sad to found out that you weren't at the Oaks anymore:( can I have your e-mail so I can contact you?

    Sara Lopez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara! I was so happy to see your comment. My email address is lauren.b.rapp@gmail.com. Please feel free to email me any time! I miss you and The Oaks and would love to stay in touch. Hope high school is off to a wonderful start and that we can catch up soon!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful party night! My friend is planning to arrange her bridal shower at wedding venues NYC located at the outskirts of the city. Also many ideas of décor and cake design are suggested by her cousin. Not sure about the menu and theme. But I think fashion out sense will be suitable to this frolic day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...