Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grilled Cheese Croutons


Ready for a super duper (yeah, I said it) easy way to spice up your favorite tomato-based soup? These grilled cheese croutons sound fancy, but are really just slightly spruced up grilled cheese bites! (Note my heading picture came out a bit orange-y...that's what you get for taking pictures at night with a phone instead of a camera!)

Anyhoo, these were the perfect addition to Tomato Artichoke Soup, though I think I'll try them next time on Creamy Tomato Soup. Think of a creative way to use them? Let me know! I'd love to share!

Grilled Cheese Croutons
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Yields about 30 croutons  
Pin It
Ingredients:
*2 slices of bread (for each batch of croutons)
*cheddar cheese (as much or as little as your heart desires)
*butter (about 1 tbsp per sandwich/batch of croutons)
*1/8 tsp dried thyme (per batch of croutons)

Preparation:
*Preheat a pan to medium-high or high heat.

*Combine thyme with softened butter. Mix well.

*Spread butter mixture on one side of each piece of bread. Place cheese between.

*Grill until golden brown and cheese is melted.

*Cut into small pieces and sprinkle over soup. Voila!
Butter...how I love and hate you

sharp cheddar...check!

grilling

cheesy

croutons sliced!

perfect atop soup...I recommend creamy tomato soup or tomato artichoke soup

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...