Saturday, April 23, 2011

Queso Dip



Queso is not a hugely expensive item, but I always figured I could make it for a few less dollars and maybe even a little better. I'm not saying that my queso is better than the jar, but for the cost it makes a lot more and it tastes pretty good! John now buys the main ingredient for this - a can of soup! - in bulk! He loves this dip and requests it whenever we have tortilla chips and/or whenever I make anything in the Mexican food family. I'm sure there is room for improvement in this so let me know if you have suggestions!

Ingredients:
*1 can Campbell's Nacho Fiesta Soup
*1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*skim milk (1/4 soup can **you can skip heavy cream and use all skim milk but it will be much soupier and less thick)
*heavy cream (1/4 soup can)

Preparation:

*Combine soup, milk and cream in a small saucepan on medium to medium-low heat. (You don't want to make it too hot or the milk will burn and your queso will not taste as good!) Stir occasionally to make sure it mixes well.

*Right before serving add the shredded cheese and mix well. (Note: Feel free to add more cheese as desired. I just recommend the minimum for a yummy queso dip!) As soon as the cheese melts remove from heat and serve with chips, tacos, fajitas or whatever suits your mood! :)


Queso cooking away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...