Monday, August 8, 2011

Low-Fat Waldorf Chicken Wraps



Remember how I said I was working toward a healthy lifestyle? Well, I've got a great recipe for you chicken salad lovers that will leave you guilt-free! I got this recipe from an episode of Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. Because I love you all so much I spent time searching the Food Network website to find her exact recipe, which you can find here. I didn't make mine exactly the same way, so I'm including the directions for my way below.

This is such a refreshing and light yet filling dish. Instead of the traditional mayonnaise-heavy chicken salad, this substitutes Greek yogurt. You get the creaminess you want without all the extra fat. It's perfect to make for lunch, and if you don't like wraps you can eat it all by its lonesome. I dished it up with some toasted pita and it was yummy. Experiment as you like!

Ingredients:
*3/4 cups nonfat Greek-style yogurt
*2 tablespoons mayonnaise
*1 tablespoon lemon juice
*2 teaspoons dijon mustard
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon minced thyme
*1 pound grilled, skinless chicken breasts, sliced or cubed
*1/2 cup seedless grapes, sliced in 1/2
*1/4 cup toasted, coarsely chopped walnuts
*1 medium apple, cored and diced (about 3/4 cup)
*Freshly ground black pepper
*large lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
*whole wheat wraps, about 8 inches in diameter

Preparation:
*If you haven't bought grilled chicken breasts, go ahead and grill some up on your grill pan or actual grill. Allow chicken to rest before you dice or slice it.

*In a small bowl, comnbine Greek-style yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and thyme until smooth. Fold in chicken, grapes, walnuts and apples. Season with pepper.

*Place 1 lettuce leaf on a wrap. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken filling onto the wrap and roll around filling. Enjoy!

Ready for the dressing

Dressing! I bet this would be great with a tuna salad, too.

All mixed up! It looks heavy on the dressing, but because it's primarily yogurt it does not taste that way at all.

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...