Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Salmon



Hello foodie friends! I've missed you! I've been quite neglectful the past month and a half. I wish I could say that it was because I was busy traveling Europe or back in Turks and Caicos on a fabulous second honeymoon, but alas I was working. I've been nannying for two adorably wonderful children - 6 months and 2 and a half years old.  While I've still been busy cooking for my sweet hubby, I haven't had the energy to actually blog about the meals I've been making. How do you moms do it?! Phew!

Anyway, I suddenly have a little extra time to blog, and it happens to come my last week nannying. Why an end to a perfect and joyous summer job? Because I go back to my real, big girl job, teaching! Can you believe the summer is gone? Sigh. I'd love to rewind and just relax, but those years are gone.  Fall break will be here in October and I'm sure you'll find lots of posts that week, as I get behind again.  (Hopefully not though!)

In honor of my return, I've decided to post one of the EASIEST. RECIPES. EVER. Seriously. And it's delicious! John was shocked when he found out there are only FIVE ingredients, including the salmon, because he thought it was so fancy! So, check it out and whip it up for your next fun, easy meal. Cheers!

Ingredients:
*salmon filets
*2 tbsp brown sugar
*1 tsp cumin
*1 tbsp chile powder
*salt and pepper

Preparation:
*Preheat a grill pan or skillet.

*Combine all ingredients (not including salmon) in a small bowl. Brush salmon filets with olive oil and rub mixture on salmon.

*Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Enjoy! :)

*You can also serve this with a side of avocado aioli. The creaminess is a perfect balance to this sweet and spicy dish.

Rubbed and ready for the grill pan

Close up with the yummy avocado aioli I told you about.

Served with Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (our favorite!) and spinach. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...