Monday, August 8, 2011

New (School) Year's Resolution

I've never been a big fan of New Year's Resolutions.  I know it's great to do, but I always feel that there is so much pressure by labeling your goal that way.  Goals are obviously important, but not fulfilling your New Year's resolution can feel so dejecting. So, instead of following suit with the rest of the world, I'm going to make a New Year's resolution now, as the new school year starts and my working life commences again.

Before I started nannying I was really working on developing a healthy lifestyle. I was running in the morning several times a week, and making healthy meals and snacks to enjoy. Well, after I began looking after an infant (5 months) and a toddler (2 years) for nine to ten hours a day, my healthy lifestyle fell by the wayside. By the time I got home it was too hot to run, and when it finally cooled a bit I was too exhausted to leave the couch, or the bed.

Fast forward six weeks, and I'm very cranky with myself and my not-so-healthy summer (after such a promising start!). Well, I'm determined not to let this carry over into the school year, so I will again be working on running several times a week and eating healthier. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to have extra will power because it's now too dark to run in the morning before work. I will not let it keep me from doing it though! (I figure if I publish this in such a public way that I have to stay committed to it, right? Here's hoping!)

While I will continue to enjoy life (it's too short, right?), I'm going to work harder at maintaining a balance between healthy living and indulgences. Who's with me?!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you too! (We'll see when school starts, but for now it all sounds good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran yesterday, woo hoo! After severe leg pain today, the goal is to run tomorrow morning before work...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that all the teachers responded to this post! Teachers unite! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...