Friday, December 2, 2011

Roasted Salmon with White Wine Sauce


Thank you, Martha Stewart, for a great, easy recipe! This is a meal I really enjoyed. Not just because it took less than 20 minutes, but because it was flavorful and healthy. The hubby also loved it, and thought the sauce was great. It was crisp yet light, and perfect over the roasted salmon.  The asparagus was the perfect vegetable to serve it with, too.

You'll note these aren't my most flattering pictures. I tend to douse dishes (pasta, fish, chicken...) in sauce, unless it's a rich one. I'm the opposite with salads and dressing, but for some reason I love lots of sauce on hearty dishes. So I prepared my plate, remembered I needed to take pictures, and realized you might be appalled at how my salmon is swimming in white wine sauce...my bad!

The only thing I might do differently next time is buy a little nicer bottle of white wine since it's the main ingredient in the sauce. I bought a bottle for $2.99 from Trader Joe's, and while it was still great I bet it would be even better with a little fancier bottle...say $6.99?

Roasted Salmon with White Wine Sauce
Recipe by Martha Stewart
Serves 2-4, depending on number of salmon filets and amount of sauce served  
Pin It
Ingredients:
*salmon filet
*1 tablespoon butter
*2 tsps. flour
*1 cup dry white wine
*1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
*salt and pepper

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

*Place salmon filets on a sheet pan and season with salt. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, or until "opaque throughout" (thanks, Martha...I just went with the the "until it breaks apart easily with a fork" method.

*In a small saucepan melt butter. Add flour and whisk for one minute.

*Add wine to butter/flour mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about eight to ten minutes.

*Stir in chives to sauce, and season with salt and pepper.

*Serve sauce over salmon. I recommend serving this with asparagus, because the sauce brings out awesome flavors in the healthy vegetable.

flour and butter

...plus wine and chives

done! I love meals that take 20 minutes or less!


Yes, I did drown my fish in sauce. And I don't feel bad about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...