Monday, December 12, 2011

Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower



For any of you that follow me on facebook or twitter (@lbrapp), you may know that I've been spending time recently going through all those amazing cookbooks John and I got for our wedding. As such, lots of the recipes I'm cooking this week come from them. If you like a lot of the recipes then I suggest you get the cookbook. Really all of the ones we were given are terrific, and I need to take advantage of them more often.

This recipe is courtey of Barefoot Contessa at Home. It's been awhile since I've whipped up some of her recipes! (Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken, Mustard-Roasted Potatoes and Chicken Piccata are all hers and are delicious.)

This is a great, easy way to make veggies super yummy. Roasting the cauliflower makes it sweeter and makes the texture softer. Sprinkling some cheese on top and you have a delicious side dish! I halved the amount of cheese to make it a little healthier. I served this with Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.

Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa At Home
Serves 4, depending on portions 
Pin It
Ingredients:
*1 large head of cauliflower
*3 tablespoons olive oil
*salt and pepper
*1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (original recipe called for 1 cup)
*1/2 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese (original recipe called for 1 cup)

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

*Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower and cut the head into florets, discarding the stems.

*Place florets on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss well.

*Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once, until the cauliflower is tender and starts to brown.

*Sprinkle with the Parmesan and Gruyere and bake for 1 to 2 more minutes, just until the cheese melts. Season to taste and serve hot or warm.  

Chopped, oiled and ready!

Done roasting

Add cheese...


A few minutes later and voila!

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...