Thursday, June 14, 2012

Suzy's Cracker Crusted Chicken


This. Is. Amazing. 

And sooooo easy!!

My friend Ally made this awesome chicken for my girlfriends and I when she hosted our monthly dinner party. I told her I had to get the recipe, and I promised you I would share it as soon as I did.

Well, she sent it to me a couple days ago, and I made it last night. It was even better than I remembered! John was completely enamored with it. He even asked for it again for dinner tonight. If I didn't have crab cakes that needed to be cooked today, I would totally be down for it. Looks like tomorrow I'll have to make it again!

But, seriously, anyone can make this, and it is one of the tastiest chicken recipes I've ever had. The parmesan and cayenne pepper really gives it an awesome flavor, and the crackers cook up so nicely it tastes like fried chicken - but better! The cayenne gives it a nice little kick, but it's not too spicy. If you're worried about little ones, simply leave it out and add it to your breasts before cooking. Voila!

Do yourself a favor and make this. Tonight. You won't be sorry.

Suzy's Cracker Crusted Chicken
Recipe by Suzy Wells
Serves 2 (can easily be multiplied) 



Ingredients:
*2 chicken breasts
*8 saltine crackers
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*cayenne pepper, to taste (I did about 1/2-1 tsp)
*1 egg, beaten

*black pepper (optional)
*olive oil

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.

*Pound out chicken breasts to desired thinness. Mine were around 1/2-3/4 inches thick.

*Using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin, crush crackers. Mix with parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper and black pepper (if using).

*Dredge each chicken breast through egg wash, then cracker mixture. Place on skillet and fry each side, until golden and crisp, without cooking chicken completely.

*Transfer breasts to a sheet pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately!

cooking on the skillet

All done!
*I didn't show it on the pan, because the chicken looked the same before and after being in the oven.

Served with a tasty salad.

Take a bite of that. Yummm.

4 comments:

  1. What an easy, simple recipe! I will be adding this to my list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You won't be disappointed. It was so good that I'm really wishing I had some more for dinner tonight - and I had crab cakes!

      Delete
  2. I made this last night and used Ritz crackers instead of saltines. It was good and the family loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Ritz crackers sound yummy. Might need to try that one next time!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...