Sunday, June 12, 2011

Caprese Paninis



With the school year coming to an end I was so busy that I barely had time to make decent dinners. Enter the panini maker, which takes a sandwich to another level. Not only are they as simple as making a regular sandwich, John claims my paninis are better than Panera's, and he doesn't even like going there anymore! Score for our pocketbook and our ego.

If you've got a panini maker, experiment with mustards, cheeses, meats, fillings, seasonings, etc. I have my favorites but I've yet to make a panini I didn't like. If you don't have a panini maker, you can grill these like you would a grilled cheese. And I would highly recommend saving some Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupons and putting it on your next gift list! With a coupon you can get one for about $40. I've definitely used mine enough to make it worth it.

Ingredients:
*bread
*turkey
*mozzarella cheese
*fresh basil leaves
*sliced tomato
*dijon mustard

Preparation:
*Start with mustard on both slices of bread. Alternate cheese, turkey, tomato, basil, cheese and turkey. Coat both sides with extra virgin olive oil. Place in panini maker for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and outside is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...