Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baked Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Peach Salsa


Have I ever told you how much I love coconut shrimp? Well I do. So much so it was one of the dishes served at my wedding. I just love the flavors and texture that comes with coconut shrimp. When I saw this recipe on one of my new favorite blogs How Sweet It Is, I knew I had to make it asap.

Let me tell you, this was amazing! John thought it was awesome and called it "unique." He told me that normally when people say something is "unique" it means it's not good, but he just couldn't think of a better way to describe the delicious flavors in this dish. Now, I used the cocktail-sized shrimp, but when I make this again I will definitely splurge on the jumbo shrimp. It will make it easier to devour this great dish. :)

Coconut Baked Shrimp

Ingredients:
*1 pound tail-on, peeled and deveined shrimp (I used half a 2 lb bag of thawed frozen shrimp)
*1 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
*4 tablespoons olive oil (I infused mine with some chopped tarragon and heated it over low heat)
*4 cloves garlic, minced
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
*6 tablespoons shredded coconut
*4 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (If you don’t like tarragon, sub parsley)

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.

*In a bowl, combine coconut milk, olive oil, garlic and tarragon. Place shrimp in the bowl to marinate for a few minutes. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and coconut.

*Pour the shrimp and about half the coconut milk mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumb and coconut mixture over shrimp.

*Bake for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve shrimp and spoon a bit of the coconut milk mixture over top. Top with salsa.

Pineapple Peach Salsa

Ingredients:
*1/4 cup chopped pineapple (about 4 large chunks)
*1/3 cup chopped peaches (I used 2 white peaches)
*1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
*1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*juice of half a lemon

Preparation:
*Combine all ingredients in a bowl, spritz with lemon and toss to mix. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days! 

Ready to begin!

Coconut milk mixture and shrimp

Bread crumb mixture

Ready for the oven

Out of the oven

Delicious! Happy Mrs. Rapp :)
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...