Monday, October 17, 2011

Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin



Guess where I found this recipe? No, not Pinterest! One of my wedding cookbooks, The Newlyweds' Cookbook! This recipe immediately appealed to me because it has one of John's favorite foods ever - prosciutto. As you may have seen from one of my recent posts, Toasted Prosciutto and Mozzarella, prosciutto holds a special place in our hearts.

This recipe was so, so, soooo good. I mean, the flavors that the prosciutto gave after being cooked, and then the pork and sage...wow. Very nice, very easy meal. I'm so happy with how it was, and John was too, as he got so excited he started eating it with his fingers! (No, I'm not kidding.)

I so suggest you make this asap, as a special recipe for your special someone. And, if you have one close to you, go to Trader Joe's because you will find great, cheap food!!

Ingredients:
*pork tenderloin (12 oz for 2 people)
*4 thin slices prosciutto
*6 sage leaves 
*evoo
*salt and pepper

Preparation:
* Cut the pork tenderloin crosswise (so it stays round) to make two servings. Season with salt and pepper.

*Put 2 slices of proscuitto on a work surface, overlapping them slightly. Add three of the sage leaves in a line down the middle.

*Put a pork fillet on top and roll up, keeping the join underneath. Repeat with the remaining fillet.

*Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the pork fillets, seam side down, and saute over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning frequently until evenly browned.

*Transfer to a warm oven and let rest 5 minutes.

*Slice and serve with your choice of side. (I used Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower).

Prosciutto plus sage plus pork

Wrapped and ready to go

Searing

Looking good!

Mmmm look at that sage and crisp prosciutto

Sliced and yummy

Pork plus a nice side :)

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...