Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dijon & Herb Panko-Crusted Salmon


John and I splurged last week and bought some fresh salmon for the amazing Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo. Well, it was so good, that I splurged again this week and bought some more fresh salmon. I wanted to make a new-to-me salmon dish, so I did some internet cruising and found one by Ina Garten that seemed tasty. However, hers seemed to involve a lot more steps and ingredients I wasn't the keenest on. Am I the only one who is not a fan of parsley? Just wondering.

Anyway, I got to playing around in my kitchen and whipped up this super fast, easy and tasty dish. I kept her suggestion for dijon and panko, but that was it. This was a really great weeknight meal, and John and I ate loved it. A little fresh lemon juice at the end really took it up a notch and brought out all the flavors. If you're looking for a quick and light meal, I think you'll really enjoy this.

Dijon & Herb Panko-Crusted Salmon
Recipe loosely adapted from Ina Garten
Serves 2-3, depending on portions and size of salmon filet

Ingredients:
*Salmon filet, with skin (mine was about .7 pounds and we had leftovers)
*1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
*1 tsp Herbs Provence
*1 tbsp dijon mustard
*1 tsp minced onion
*1/2 tsp garlic powder
*1-2 tbsp olive oil
*lemon for garnish and/or juice

Preparation:
*Combine bread crumbs, herbs, minced onion, garlic powder and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix well, with just enough olive oil to make the mixture hold together.

*Place salmon on a wire rack over a pan, or on a pan itself (skin down). Coat with dijon mustard. Place bread crumb mixture on top, spreading it evenly.

*Place in oven at 450 for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon. Or, use the broil setting at 500 for 8-13 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon. (I broiled mine, but it makes the top extra crispy, so it's up to your personal preference).

*Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top and serve hot!

ready for the oven
out of the oven
time to eat!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I wish I still ate salmon. For some reason, after my 2nd pregnancy, I don't have a taste for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know, I loved salmon as a kid, but then I went through a phase where I hated it. Years went by and then the taste came back to me. So weird!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...