Thursday, May 10, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now

No new recipe today - I've made John's favorites this week, including Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken, Simple Fettucini Alfredo (with whole grain noodles at least), BBQ Salmon and Ahi Tuna with Teriyaki-Soy Glaze (he made this, though!). So, instead of the usual new recipe, I thought I'd share some of my current favorite things. I definitely have more than five, but I thought I'd space out some of my favorite things. Happy almost-Friday everyone!

1. My kindle. I've been reading up a storm lately, and thanks to this awesome gift from my hubby I'm never without a book to read.

2. Vince Camuto "Fawna" Flats. I can't get enough of the sparkle on the front and back, and the faint rose color is perfect for almost every outfit I have. The leather is very soft, and I like how it is quilted. I feel so dainty in them. (Click the link for more/better views!)



3. Spring weather! I was able to spend so much time outside this weekend, and I enjoyed every glorious minute. (Don't worry - I wore sunscreen!)

4. Sparkly Soul headbands. I was a bit dubious before I ordered my first one, but I quickly became a convert. I love that the headband doesn't move during the day - or during a workout. Not only that, I don't get a headache from wearing it all day or while bouncing around at the gym. Plus, it's nice for dressing up an outfit a bit. (Both shown are the 5/8 inch widths)


5. Dytopian-era novels. I have become completely obsessed with this genre ever since I read The Hunger Games trilogy. I've also read The Maze Runner trilogy, and read the first two books in the Matched trilogy (third one isn't out yet). I'm currently reading Insurgent. This is the sequel to Divergent, which I read last October. It's part of a trilogy, and I'm sure once I finish I'll be anxious for the last book to come out. For the record, I do read other genres frequently (especially historical fiction). After Insurgent, I'm going to read Still Missing!


*(Honorary #6): The fact that I will be in NYC tomorrow!!!! I'll try to update from NYC, but I can't make any promises. I may just wait to share when I get back. Eek! So excited!! :D

1 comment:

  1. the shoes!!! So great..so great:) Have fun in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...