Monday, May 7, 2012

Gnocchi with Chicken, Asparagus & Pesto


I made this recipe over a week ago, but have been so bad about posting. I got WAY too into my books, and left everything else fall to the wayside. I don't regret it though. I love getting caught up in books, and reading two 500+ page books in two days is a great feeling.

Back to the food though, right? This was super yummy. Light and filling, and we both gobbled up our shares. Not to mention it's done in under 30 minutes, and you can't go wrong with those meals, right? :)

I remember seeing something like this on Pinterest, but I can't seem to remember where or find it. If I find my inspiration I will be sure to link up!

Gnocchi with Chicken, Asparagus & Pesto
Recipe inspired by a Pinterest picture
Serves 3-4, depending on portions

Ingredients:
*1 package whole wheat gnocchi
*2 chicken breasts, cooked (I poached mine) and cut into bite-size pieces
*1/2-1 cup pesto sauce, depending on how much you like pesto!
*1/4 cup grape tomatoes
*1 bundle asparagus
*olive oil
*salt and pepper to taste
*Optional: grated parmesan cheese, for garnish

Preparation:
*Cut asparagus into fourths. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan, and toss asparagus in it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on medium for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and cooked through.  Add tomatoes in the last minute or so to soften.

*Bring a pot of water to a boil (I suggest starting this when you start the asparagus). Cook gnocchi according to package directions, about 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Drain.

*In pot, combine gnocchi, chicken, pesto, asparagus and tomatoes. Mix well and serve immediately, adding grated parmesan on top, if desired.



Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...