Monday, May 7, 2012

Four Dates!

This weekend was pretty special. Not just because I was engrossed in reading and was able to sit in the beautiful sun while I did it - but that was a real treat. John and I went on four - four! - dates, and it was so much fun. I think the last time we went on that many dates was in college, or maybe while we were dating long-distance after college. Either way, I loved every minute of it.

Friday night we met up with our good friends Ally and Wes for dinner at Napolese, an Italian-style pizza place. The four of us are taking a vacation to Sanibel this summer - woo hoooo!! - and this dinner made me all the more excited for it. The sounds of cackling laughter were definitely coming from our table. ;)


The food was great, too! John and I split our whole dinner. We started with an arugula salad with prosciutto, parmesan and lemon juice.  The lemon juice really added a freshness to this, and I was so pleased with the salad. Next up was the pizza, which we ate almost all of! We opted for a pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, roasted chicken and spinach. It was delicious. Finally, we couldn't leave without trying some of the gelato. We opted for chocolate and peanut butter, and it tasted just like a Reese's cup. Yum!


Saturday night rolled around, and after attending JB's vocal concert, we went to Adobo downtown for a little Cinco de Mayo celebration/late dinner. We had the guacamole, which is made tableside, and then split the tllayuda, after my last experience with it showed it to be a filling appetizer. :)


John went back to working at the horse show on Sunday, and when he got done we walked down the canal to one of our favorite spots - Creation Cafe! We decided to split our meal - again! We started with some "Peppy Pickles" aka dill chips. I tell you what, the portion was HUGE! If you like fried pickles then head on over here. They have a slight kick to them, and are sliced thinly and not breaded too heavily. I really enjoyed them.  We followed those up by splitting a hot ham and cheese sandwich on a pretzel roll (I must remake this ASAP!) as well as a turkey cobb salad with maple ginger vinaigrette (must make this, too!)




After spending some quality time together at home, I decided I was craving frozen yogurt. John was sweet enough to drive me to our local spot, Yogulatte, where I filled a cup with raspberry, red velvet and tart frozen yogurt, plus mango sorbet. Topped with strawberries, gummy bears and sprinkles, and I was one happy girl.


A tiring weekend, filled with not the healthiest of foods, meant we crashed at about 9:30.
So worth it though. :)

Oh, and the hair is darker, again. You like?

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your weekend :)
    Sounds like you had an awesome time.

    Wish Australia had pinkberry or froyo like the US.
    I guess we will get something eventually!

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was way out of the norm, which made it all the better. Who doesn't love special weekends? :)

      Indy still doesn't have pinkberry but luckily we have some equivalents. Fingers crossed for it to get to you soon! :)

      Delete
  2. bicycling, horseback riding, rock climbing and kayaking. ... Book Flights to Cairo For International Film Festival (CIFF) ...also check kayaking & Snorkeling cairo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the New, My organization is in the long term searching on line meant for article content which really can be for assist with my family. Thank you so much. Packers and Movers Goa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...