Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lemon Garlic Chicken Breasts



This is a new recipe for me and I found it super, super easy. I'm sure if I could easily make it any new cook could as well. This was on an episode of Barefoot Contessa (are you guys sick of me posting Ina's recipes yet??), which I've been watching all spring break. I'm excited to have another simple recipe in my back pocket that I can whip up any time. I hope you have fun with it too!

Ingredients:
*4 chicken breasts (I used 3 because it's all I had. Bonus, John had a nice lunch the next day.)
*2 lemons
*1/3 cup dry white wine
*1/4 cup olive oil
*9 cloves (3 tablespoons) garlic, diced
*1 teaspoon fresh thyme (I used dried, but it was a little strong, so I'd use about 1/4 tsp. if you go the dried route)
*1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
*1 teaspoon salt

Preparation:
*Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

*Heat olive oil in a saucepan, but don't let the oil get too hot. Add garlic and cook for about 60 seconds. (You want the garlic to cook but not burn. Add other ingredients before it starts to brown.)

*Zest one lemon so you have about 1 tablespoon (or more depending on your lemon preference) of zest.

*Add white wine, lemon zest, and juice of the zested lemon (about 2 tablespoons) to the saucepan. Add the oregano, grinding it between your hands to release the oils, and then add the thyme and salt. Stir.

*Pour the contents of the saucepan into a 9x12 inch baking dish. Place the chicken breasts in the dish. (*Note: You want the chicken on top of the marinade, don't pour the marinade over the chicken.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to lightly coat the top of the chicken with the marinade.

*Cut the remaining lemon into eight pieces. Place the wedges around the chicken.

*Place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. (I flipped the breasts about 20 minutes into cooking, and cooked them for the full 40 minutes.)

*When the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and cover it with tin foil to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with your choice of sides. I went for Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice and broccoli (frozen, cooked in the microwave - told you it was a quick dinner!).

As I put the chicken into the oven

After flipping the chicken breasts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...