Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yellow Floral Spring Centerpiece


Since I was updating my window centerpiece I knew I had to update the floral centerpiece on the dining room table. I opted for yellow. I was never a huge yellow person, but when it came time to pick colors for my summer wedding last year, I knew I wanted a bright, happy color.  And, once I came up with the color scheme "lemon and linen" (aka yellow and white - I'm a sucker for alliteration) I became slightly obsessed with all things yellow. 

For this arrangement, I combined a yellow hydrangea, rose and daisy piece with a yellow rose piece. (Both were $3 again!) As I did with the white arrangement, I thought roses were a great filler and added some sophistication to the mix. I manipulated the wires and thanks to the thinner vase, I didn't need to use a rubber band. 

I still really liked the jewels, but I wanted something more. I saw these lemons, and knew that was it. The brightness they add to the vase is just beautiful. The shade is more vibrant than the soft yellow of the flowers, and I liked how they complimented each other. I started with the lemons and alternated layers with the jewels. I chose only 3 layers total, but you could mix it up to suit your style preference.

To take it a step further, I updated the candles in the candlesticks. I love these candlesticks because the Lismore set was used in our wedding and the Tiffany set was a Christmas gift from John. I looked for yellow candlesticks, but I'm pleased I was unable to find any. Instead I chose a green set and a cream set, and I love how it just screams spring. Whatever you choose to do - have fun!

A glance of our whole table

The vase, alternating layers

A view from the top of our centerpiece. Such great quality. Thanks, Wal-Mart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...