Tuesday, March 29, 2011

White Floral Spring Centerpiece



It has been a LONG time since I've been blogging! I've been so busy the past few weeks getting ready for report cards and parent teacher conferences that I haven't had the energy and extra time to blog about it. Well, now that I am on spring break (yay!) I've had lots of time to catch up around the house, and on my blog! :)

Spring is officially here - woo hoo! I decided to celebrate by updating the floral centerpieces around the apartment. While I love the beautiful red flowers and hints of pine, I am SO ready for spring. I went to Wal-Mart after my last successful centerpiece shopping trip and I was not disappointed.

For my white floral centerpiece I combined two $3 floral arrangements. The first had hydrangeas and daisies and green accents. The second was simple white-cream roses. I bent the wire around so that it would be mixed up, and I used a rubber band to secure the arrangements together.

I knew my red, gold and green potpourri would no longer look appropriate with the new flowers. Instead of making a separate trip to Target, as I did for the last centerpieces, I poked around Wal-Mart some more and found some great little jewel fillers for another $3. In all, my spring/summer centerpiece cost my $9 plus tax, which is less than real flowers which would only stay beautiful for about a week. I think it was a good deal. :)

A closer look at the vase and "jewels"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...