Sunday, May 15, 2011

Corn Spoon Bread



So as usual I was perusing Jourdan's blog for some good recipes. Well, I found this recipe for corn spoon bread which apparently is a special recipe from her husband Corey's family. I thought it would go perfectly with a recipe for Southwestern Sloppy Joes, which I found on another blog, "For the Love of Cooking". I made a few modifications to the recipe based on our personal taste preferences - aka John's. (John really does not like breads where he can taste chunks of the fruits or vegetables.) Let me tell you, this was the best corn bread we've ever had. It was so moist and fluffy I couldn't believe it. I continued to eat piece after piece even after I was stuffed because it was that good. Thanks, Jourdan!

Ingredients:
*2 packages corn bread mix (I used the jiffy brand blue box)
*1 cup fat free sour cream
*2 eggs
*1 cup frozen corn, cooked (in microwave - simple!)
*1 cup creamed corn (purchase in canned veggie isle w/ other corn)
*1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar)

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

*Put 1 cup creamed corn and 1 cup frozen (cooked) corn through food processor until smooth. (Skip this step for a chunkier bread).

*Mix all ingredients except cheese in a bowl.  Pour into 11 x 7 casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.

*After 35 minutes top with shredded cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes.

*I recommend serving this with Southwestern Sloppy Joes. Delicious!

In the oven!

Ready for cheese and an additional 10 minutes in the oven.

This was so, so good! Look at how fluffy it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...