Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hollandaise Sauce



So I've used this sauce with a few different recipes, and I finally decided it would be a good idea to post the recipe separately so it was easy to find for you - and me! I've used this on fish (awesome with salmon!), over eggs and zuchinni pancakes too.  I'd love to hear your suggestions for the sauce!

Ingredients:
*1 1/2 sticks butter
*4 egg yolks at room temperature (you can put them out for a whole 24 hours before they'll go bad)
*1 1/2 teaspoons salt, if using unsalted butter
*3/4 teaspoon pepper
*3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (a whole lemon)

Preparation:

*Melt butter in a small saucepan. Heat until butter is hot! (I decided my butter was hot enough just as it started to bubble and steam a bit.)


*Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the jar of a blender. Blend for 15 seconds.

*With the blender running, slowly pour the hot butter into the blender and blend for 30 seconds until sauce is thick.  

*Serve with a yummy dish of your choice! I recommend Zuchinni Pancakes and Salmon!

Sauce in the blender

View from the inside of the blender.

All ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...