Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Avocado Ranch Dip


I've recently joined Pinterest - have you tried it yet? - and have found it quite addicting. You choose things of interest to "pin" under different boards. I've found so many great recipes this way, especially checking out some of my favorite fellow pinners (is that even a word?). If you haven't tried it yet let me know if you'd like an invitation. I'm sure you'll be addicted as well once you get pinning!

Anyhoo, this recipe is one of those great finds, courtesy of Food for my Family. I saw this and remembered all the wonderful times shared with my high school girlfriends chowing down on chips and ranch dip. It was our favorite pastime and luckily we all had the metabolisms to indulge in this weekly gorge. Now that I no longer have that metabolism (sadly I can't eat fast food every day and still fit into whatever clothes I want), I don't really eat ranch dip anymore. Do you feel my pain? If you do, then this dip is for you!

Not only does this yummy dip have great flavors, it is filled with some highly nutritious ingredients! Avocados are a great source of the kind of fat we're supposed to eat (and who doesn't love avocados?), and the nonfat greek yogurt is filled with protein while still being creamy. Add in a few fresh herbs and lemons, and you're filled with nostalgia (if you're me) and a great tasting dip that is perfect with chips, veggies and the like.

I think this would be awesome for watching football or even tailgating.  However, I served this on a night I made my favorite Honey BBQ Blue Cheese Burgers with a side of Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes. Doesn't sound the healthiest, but hey, moderation is key and we all need a fun food night every once in awhile, right? :)

Oh, and PS: This is absurdly easy. 

Avocado Ranch Dip
Recipe by Food for my Family
Yields about 2 cups  

Ingredients:
*2 avocados
*1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
*2 tablespoons lemon juice
*1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
*sprinkle of dried parsley
*1 teaspoon dried dill
*1 teaspoon onion powder
*1 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
*chips and vegetables for dipping

Preparation:
*Peel and mash avocados. Mix avocados with Greek yogurt and lemon juice.

*Stir in chives, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.

*Serve with potato chips, pita chips or fresh vegetables for dipping.
Chopping chives and getting things ready

Starting to add ingredients - I forgot to take another picture before I mixed it all up!

Yummy dip!

Added a little extra chives to make it perdy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...