Monday, September 19, 2011

Cheesy Oven-Roasted Garlic Bread


I made this bread to go with the yummy Stovetop Lasagna I told you about.  This isn't my first post about garlic bread, but it is the first time I prepared it this way. And it didn't disappoint. In fact, I'm already craving more of it. Dunked into warm soup. Or just by itself. Who says it can't be a full meal? Hmm...

Anyhoo...this was easily the best garlic bread I've ever eaten. So much so that John and I ate the entire loaf I made! Enter guilty conscience...And it's gone. It's too delectable to feel guilty about. Besides, I'm making fish the rest of the week!

Ingredients:
*1 french loaf
*2 bulbs of garlic (aka the whole thing!)
*olive oil
*S & P
*butter
*fresh mozzarella cheese

Preparation:
*Chop the top off your garlic and drizzle with olive oil and S&P.  Wrap in foil, and roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.  You will know its done when you can squeeze the cloves out very easily (and your house will smell amazing).

*Once the garlic is done, squeeze the cloves out. Chop the cloves up so that they are easy to spread.

*Cut your bread down the center longways.  Spread it with butter first and then with the garlic.  Add some sliced mozzarella if desired and broil for just a few minutes to melt the cheese and heat up the bread.

*Serve with pasta, soup or as your whole meal. Life's too short, right? :)
Ready to roast the garlic!

Forgot to take the picture before I put it in the oven!

Mmmm...

Cheesy :)

With the yummy stovetop lasagna


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...