Sunday, September 25, 2011

Egg and Veggie Quiche Cups


I saw this recipe that someone pinned on the amazing Pinterest, and I was inspired to create my own version, knowing it would be great for an easy breakfast. Now, I've never baked eggs before - is that weird? I've always used my ever-trusty skillet to whip up sunny-side up eggs or scrambled eggs. And that's about where my egg cooking ends. Until now.

These egg cups were flavorful and fluffy and perfect for a light breakfast. You can freeze them, too, so next time I might make a double batch to freeze for quick weekday breakfasts. One of the best parts about this dish is that you can modify it however you'd like! You can add more veggies, different veggies, less veggies, add meat - whatever your heart desires!

Ingredients:
*6 eggs, whisked
*1/4 onion, chopped finely
*1/3 green bell pepper, chopped
*1/3 red bell pepper, chopped
*3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*1/4 cup spinach, cooked
*salt and pepper

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

*Place foil baking cups in a muffin pan (9 total). Spray with Pam or nonstick cooking spray.

*Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Using a ladle, spoon mixture into each cup.

*Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.

All my ingredients

Whipped up

Into the oven

All done!

What a perfect breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...