Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cheddar & Brown Sugar Cornbread Muffins



Oh. Oh wow. Oh, that's good. Something amazing is happening. It is the making of these muffins. These. Are. Good. I mean, real good.  

Whenever I find a recipe I want to try, but know it will be time-consuming, I save it for Sunday.
John has been great all weekend. Spending all day Saturday cleaning with me before heading out for our friend Corey's birthday. I figured I better send him off to the Colts game with love, since he may not get any at the game...(Hopefully my Bears fare better!)

Anyhoo, to accompany the amazing Super Hearty Chili recipe I spent my Sunday salivating over, How Sweet It Is came up with these muffins. Wow. They are perfect with the chili and great to have leftover for breakfast the next day. They're also great to dip into the chili. Or use in a casserole that you will also find on How Sweet It Is. Have I given you enough to do?

These would be great with or without chili, but somehow I feel it came together for a perfect meal. :)

I should note that my recipe differs because the hubby came home with Jiffy cornbread mix instead of cornmeal. I did my best to guess and alter to make these as yummy as they should be. Thus, below is my version of this recipe. :)

Ingredients: (14 muffins)
*2 8.5 oz boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix
*3 tablespoons brown sugar
*1/4 cup creamed corn
*1/2 cup butter, melted
*1/2 cup milk
*1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
*2 eggs
*1/3 cup freshly & finely grated cheddar cheese

Preparation:
*Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

*Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder together and mix with a spoon.

*Add the egg, corn, heavy cream, melted butter and milk, stirring until smooth.

*Fold in cheddar cheese.

*Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray (or use liners) and using a 1/4 cup measure, spoon batter into each muffin tin.

*Bake for 15-18 muffins, or until tops are golden and muffins are cooked through. Serve hot with cinnamon or honey butter.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...