Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leg Circuit Workout

So I do this thing that John makes fun of me for all the time. I'm going to share it with you, and will probably be told by many other people that I'm wrong, John is right, blah, blah, blah...but here goes...

I have this belief that you have to feel some sort of discomfort for certain things to "work." Example: the salicylic acid acne stuff you put on your face? I feel like it needs to burn in order for me to know it is actually working. That makes sense, right?! I know it does.

Well, exercising is kind of the same way. I like to feel sore afterward because then I know it worked my muscles and brings me one step closer to my goals. Well, this workout did it to me. Oh my goodness it did. My legs hurt for days...but I liked it. Not because I enjoy pain (no, no, especially when induced by needles or resulting in blood), but because I knew my muscles had been pushed.

So here is another AMAZING workout, legs this time, courtesy of my amazing trainer. I will have to tell her she's becoming a staple on my blog because she is so good at coming up with creative workouts that push me - and hopefully you!

*Disclaimer: I am not a health professional.  I am writing about my own life experiences and what works for me.  For concerns about your own health and diet, please discuss with your doctor.*

Leg Circuit Workout! 
Pin It This set has four exercises. You will move from each exercise to the next without rest. After the first set take a 60 second rest. Then repeat set once more.

*Dumbbell Diagonal Lunge with Touch 24 reps; 12 each side (Be sure to use weights and touch the ground with them before pushing yourself to starting position - - link doesn't include "touch")

*Box leg lifts 24 reps; 12 each side (Similar to single leg glute bridge but not exactly; One leg is on a box/step while the other is in the air. Lift the leg in the air and keep your hips UP! You should feel it in your glute!)

*Quad Swing 20 reps; 10 each side (Couldn't find a video or example...hopefully you can just ask someone at the gym! You do this exercise on a machine. I will ask which one and update. --> Update: It is the Quad machine: with hands on bar, raise your leg so it makes a right angle; extend forward so leg straightens and repeat)

*FreeMotion Squats - 15 reps (I believe my weight was set at 140lbs, but I was too focused on getting them done to look carefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...