Monday, October 3, 2011

How-To: Easily Peel Tomatoes



So I was making these amazinggg Chicken "Paninis"with Mozzarella with Salsa Rossa, and the salsa called for peeling tomatoes. Um, ok. I thought this was simple. No. No it's not. Unless you use this trick...

Ingredients:
*2 vine-ripe tomatoes
*small saucepot of boiling water

Preparation:
*Heat small saucepot of boiling water (didn't I say this already?).

*Make a small cross at the base of the tomatoes.

*Plunge tomatoes into boiling water for 20 seconds. Drain, then peel the skin away when the tomatoes are cool enough to handle.

*Voila!

Cross at the base

Boiling 20 seconds

And voila! The peels came off in less than 20 seconds! How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...