Monday, October 3, 2011

Nutella Cupcakes



At the risk of being obscenely redundant, I found this recipe on Pinterest. I can't help it! Try it and then you won't judge me! I wasn't the original pinner of this. However it popped up from someone else and I thought, how delicious would those be? Not to mention pretty! I knew I had to make these Nutella cupcakes, Courtesy of The Family Kitchen.

I know some people are not crazy about Nutella (and to them I say, what's wrong with you?). However, in our house, Nutella is loved. Especially by the hubby. I'm not kidding. One time I was cleaning up and I found a jar of it next to his side of the bed. With a spoon in it. Needless to say we didn't get Nutella for awhile after that...I still love him though! (He does it with peanut butter too! Anyone else? Bueller?)

I knew John would go crazy over these because, well, did you read what I wrote above? Turns out, he did. And I did too. Not to mention that they're so pretty you don't have to ice them! Maybe I'll add some more nutella next time though...Just because. :)

Ingredients:
*1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
*1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
*3/4 cup sugar
*3 large eggs
*1 tsp. vanilla
*1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
*2 tsp. baking powder
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/4-1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature

Preparation:
*Preheat the oven to 325F.

*In a medium bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

*In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick. It needs to be in order to swirl in the Nutella!

*Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer, knife or other pointy object.

*Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Tilt them in the pan to help them cool.

Butter, sugar and oil

thick batter

I might use a little more nutella next time...

Swirling worked best with a toothpick


Look how pretty! And easy! And tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...