Saturday, October 22, 2011

Smoked Salmon Canapes


After I spent a super fun two days in Chicago with my friend Jessie, I was too exhausted to cook. Or go to a restaurant for that matter. So, I took a gander at what I had in the fridge, and this is what I came up with.

The result was really great. Light, fresh and filling at the same time. I will definitely make these again, maybe even as an appetizer for a dinner party (not that I throw those frequently, haha!).

The best thing about this is that you can use whatever ingredients you have lying around and whatever sounds good to you. Be inspired!

Ingredients:
*smoked salmon (I grabbed a package from TJ's, I believe around 4 oz)
*1/2 apple, sliced (I used honey crisp or something like that)
*a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in thirds
*fresh mozzarella cheese
*garlic and herb goat cheese
*crackers (I used rice crackers)
*muli-grain bread, toasted and sliced in fourths
*fresh dill, chopped


Preparation:
*Since I explained what I did with the ingredients, I'm just going to show you the pictures and tell you what ingredients I used on each dish. Experiment and have fun!

Everything is ready to be put together now!

Toasted bread, goat cheese, smoked salmon, dill

Toasted bread, fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced tomato, smoked salmon, dill

Toasted bread, goat cheese, smoked salmon, apple, dill

Rice cracker, fresh mozzarella, smoked salmon, apple, dill

Rice cracker, goat cheese, smoked salmon, sliced tomato, dill

Rice cracker, smoked salmon, sliced tomato, apple, dill

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...