Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies


I'm going to be honest when I tell you I thought these would be horrible. And, again with the honesty, when I tried them before they were cooled I thought I was right. (Note: Do NOT try these before they are completely cooled!). 

In fact, these are amazing. So amazing that I ate half a batch in a matter of like 2 days. And I decided they were breakfast cookie worthy because oats were in them. No? Eh, either way, these are a fast and easy cookie! And they are super duper yummy. Just let them cool. I mean that.

Enjoy a quick, chewy, deilicous and flavorful cookie! And thank me for finding this recipe later. Happy Tuesday, friends!

Oh, and, umm...since I ate the cookies when they were still warm and wasn't fond of them...I, umm, didn't take any more pictures. Because I ate the remaining and delicious cookies without even thinking of photographing them. Yes, I have a cheese and sweets addiction. Why do you think I never bake?!

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Recipe by Helen Ostrosky
Yields about 25 to 30 small cookies
Pin It
Ingredients:
*1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 splenda)
*2 tablespoons cocoa
*1/2 stick butter
*1/4 cup milk (I used skim)
*1/2 cup peanut butter
*1/2 tablespoon vanilla
*1 1/2 cups oatmeal
*Waxed paper

Preparation:
*In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute.

*Add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix well.

*On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls. Let sit until cooled and hardened.  

butte, sugar, splenda...makings of a great cookie
time to start scooping!
cool on wax paper
small cookies = I eat at least 3 in a sitting...whoops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...