Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chopped Chicken Salad

 
I used to hate salads. Well, not so much the salad as what it represented: people who weren't eating real food because they were on a diet. Speaking of which, I really dislike the word diet, too. It just sounds so... constricting. Who likes to feel constricted? More so, I have an issue with salads that aren't enough to satisfy you for your whole meal.

This is not one of those salads.

Let me tell you - this salad was amazing! So full of flavor and filling. I'm not one to go on and on about how great salads are (because I used to loathe those people and think they were lying to themselves, see above), but this is good. Especially when you top it with a homemade Lightened-Up Blue Cheese Dressing.

Chopped Chicken Salad
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 2-4, depending on portions
Pin It
Ingredients:
*2 cups baby spinach
*8 romaine leaves, chopped
*2 chicken breasts, cooked (I poached mine and it was perfect!) and sliced into bite-size chunks
*3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
*2 roma tomatoes, chopped
*1 avocado, seeded and chopped
*1/2 cup green beans, cooked (I roasted mine, see below)

Preparation:
If poaching your chicken, see this post on how to do it. It's easy and a super healthy way to cook it - no oils or frying required!

If roasting your green beans, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast until crisp. Anywhere from 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. 

*Toss spinach, romaine, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, avocado and green beans in a large bowl, making sure ingredients are evenly distributed. 


*Serve in individual bowls or plates and top with your favorite dressing. I used my Lightened-Up Blue Cheese Dressing.

Some of the fixings
ready to be served
close up
leftover lunch! with lightened-up blue cheese dressing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...