Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teriyaki-Roasted Green Beans


After making Roasted Green Beans with Balsamic & Parmesan, I'm officially in love with roasted green beans. It was the first time I had roasted green beans, and I knew it wouldn't be the last. I bought fresh green beans yesterday knowing I would mix up the recipe this week. Why not? They're crispy, sweet and full of flavor.

Since I was making Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Sauce, I thought an Asian-inspired roasted green bean would be great. Not only that, I just bought a bottle of Teriyaki sauce and wanted to put it to more than one use.

I was not disappointed. They were the perfect compliment to the salmon, and left me feeling great after my meal. I'm definitely going to be experimenting with other versions of roasted green beans very soon. Yum!

Teriyaki-Roasted Green Beans
Recipe adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen
Serves 2-4, depending on portions
Pin It
Ingredients:
*1 lb fresh green beans
*1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 tsp dried ginger
*salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

*Wash green beans. Trim ends off green beans and then cut green beans in half, to create bite-size pieces. Combine teriyaki sauce and olive oil with green beans in a bowl. Mix well to coat all green beans.

*Place green beans onto a pan and spread out evenly. Cook for 20-30 minutes, turning once.

Look at those crispy, sweet green beans!

close up
dinner is served :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...