Friday, February 10, 2012

Fit Fridays: Take One!

(Source)
Yesterday I told you about my plans to mix up the blog, starting with a few new weekly segments. Since today is Friday, it's the first (of hopefully many) Fit Friday posts!

I've been thinking about doing this for a little while now. I follow some awesome healthy living blogs (I'm going to save some of them for future posts - can't use all my ideas at once!), and I love checking in on them every day.

One of the things that tipped me over the edge was when my cousin commented on one of the recipes I posted (Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter). She said, "How are you not 79,000 pounds? Any fitness advice is welcome." I realized that when I post some indulgent recipes, especially a few in a row, it may seem like I eat that way all the time. I don't.

These are typical dinners in our house, and some of our favorites!
(Peppercorn Ahi Tuna with Salsa Rossa, Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken, Crispy Baked "Fried" Chicken)


I love food though! I enjoy making fun, new recipes and sharing that experience with my husband or friends. I think food is a great way to bring people together. I also think if you lead an active life and eat well consistently, it's okay to enjoy a fun meal. (I refuse to call them "cheat" meals because...well, cheating is just wrong in any sense of the word. This, to me, is not). 

Health and fitness? These don't look so healthy to me...They're not. But we've only eaten these once. That's it.
(Baked Mac 'n Four Cheeses, Simple Fettuccine Alfredo, Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce)

So, in honor of the first Fit Friday post, I'm going to do a little round-up of my previous posts related to fitness, as well as a few that really got me going when I started working toward being more fit! I've given a brief explanation of each one, and if you haven't checked them out before, now is a great time!

Resolutions: I wrote this post in January when everyone was talking about resolutions. Instead of making a resolution I felt guilty about and tied to, I decided to continue working toward a healthy life and balance. 

Cardio vs. Strength Training: I share a great article about the benefits of both cardio and strength training, and why you should incorporate both to see certain results. I've shared my personal experiences and why I agree so much with the findings!

Circuit Arm Workout: One of my favorite arm workouts! It targets so many muscles, and most of the exercises are done using just one bar! 

Leg Circuit Workout: Burn, baby! This will get your legs on fire - in a good way!  

Why I Exercise: I love this post by Jourdan Leigh in the kitchen! Jourdan shares her top six reasons for exercising: mood, weight management, energy, health benefits, feeling in shape and stress relief. This post was one of many things that finally got my behind to the gym! 

Why I Eat Healthy: Another awesome post by Jourdan Leigh in the kitchen! She talks about her food goals (eating 4-5 fruits and veggies a day, for one) and how she is creative with sweets and cutting sugar in sweet recipes.  

Questions! What do you think of my first Fit Friday post? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

*On a side note, I have no idea why you have to go to the next page to see previous posts. I have tried everything I can think of. Hopefully you'll be enticed enough to click "older posts." :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! You have an awesome blog Lauren! Super yummy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! YOU are an awesome blogger! And have the best style! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I wish we still worked together so you could drag me to the gym after work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that too! We could arrange phone dates where I just hassle you until you go...just a thought! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...