Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIAW: Back to Reality

Hello friends! Welcome to another What I Ate Wednesday, hosted by Jenn.




This is from Tuesday (yesterday), which was the kiddos first day back at school - aka back to reality of working every day. This little lady didn't want me to leave (I mean, how cute?). I felt so bad because she got so used to me being around more during the day, but the kiddos were so great on their first day back that I can't complain.


Breakfast: My stomach was feeling a bit off this morning, so I didn't go for a huge breakfast. I had a little juice and two hard-boiled eggs with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I brought a vanilla chobani that I was excited for, but as soon as I tasted it I tossed it. There was something sour about it, and even though it wasn't close to its expiration date, I was not going to take any chances.



Lunch: By lunchtime my stomach woes had pretty much passed. In a mad rush this morning, I threw together a salad with grape tomatoes, pine nuts and egg whites, and I packed a smoked apple chardonnay chicken sausage as well.

I heated up the sausage and found it super tasty with barbeque sauce. Unfortunately I didn't have time to make my favorite, easy dressing, but I found a packet of fat free honey mustard dressing in the fridge at school. I opted to dip my fork into the packet instead of pouring it on the salad. For some reason honey mustard is not my favorite dressing. I had half a hard-boiled egg leftover and polished that off as well.


Snack: Half a donut! We celebrated a student's birthday, and I partook in the festivities, but limited myself to just half. I'm not a huge chocolate donut person, so that wasn't really too hard to do.


Dinner: After making this pizza last week, John and I were already craving some more. Fortunately when I made it the first time I made a big batch of pesto that I was able to use for the pizza. I tell you, homemade pesto is one of my favorite things!

Here's what you get in this pizza: homemade pesto (and I add 1 cup of spinach to my pesto for extra color and veggies!), whole wheat crust, fat free mozzarella cheese, fontina, fat free ricotta, roma tomatoes, spinach and smoked apple chardonnay chicken sausage. Phew!



I did do something a little different this time around though...I used a whole wheat crust that I brushed with minced garlic and olive oil (yum!), and I added twice as much spinach and tomatoes. I did a layer under the cheese and then on top of it to really pack in those veggies. I also added some fontina to the mozzarella, as well as some fat free ricotta cheese. It was amazing! John would not stop raving about it, and we both went back for a third piece. Sooo good!


Dessert: Reese's Easter egg! Thanks for the Easter basket, Aunt Linda!



5 comments:

  1. I'll have to add ricotta onto my pizza the next time I made one - that sounds fantastic! I'm not a big donut person either but that one looks pretty tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I just got a text from my husband that read, "Pizza last night was mmmm mmmm good...wish I was able to bring it for lunch :(". Looks like I'll be making it again soon! :)

      Delete
  2. That pizza looks delicious...homemade is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! It really is delicious. It's already back on the menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...