Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5-Ingredient Chicken Sausage Skillet


Hi friends! I have been totally absent for the past few days, but with good reason - I was sick! Plus a busy weekend, which I will catch you up on this week with make-up posts.

Anyhoo, this is an awesomely tasty and equally awesomely easy dish to make. I mean, when something has five ingredients, how can it really be that hard? It can't! So this is what you want to make when you have no time, and want a filling, yet light meal.

I love this meal because it is all veggies and protein. That combination fills me up and always makes my body feel good. It also makes me feel good because it requires no work. Did I mention that? Oh I did? Well, then what are you waiting for? Go make this!

5-Ingredient Chicken Sausage Skillet
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 3, depending on portions

Ingredients:
*4 sweet Italian style chicken sausages, sliced into bite-seize pieces
*3 bell peppers (I used red, yellow, orange, chopped into chunks)
*1/2 onion, chopped into chunks
*1/2 tsp garlic powder
*salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
*Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet. Throw all the veggies into the pan and stir occasionally, allowing them to cook up. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt and pepper on top.

*In a separate skillet (smaller), heat a small amount of olive oil. Place chicken sausages in and cook for a few minutes, until lightly browned and both sides.

*Combine in a bowl or plate and serve immediately!

For some extra color and flavor, heat up some frozen peas in the microwave and toss them into the skillet combo!

Chopped and cooking veggies...plus the chicken sausage I used - so tasty!
Skillet both without and with peas (the peas were added for lunch the next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...