Friday, March 16, 2012

Date Sandwich

Remember how I told you I would tell you about our Saturday? Well, clearly the week got away from me so I'm getting to it now. Better late than never, right?


Saturday started bright and early in the Rapp house! We hopped in the car for an hour and a half drive east to watch John's brother compete in sectionals. The great news: they won! The not-so-ideal: we were driving back to Indy to turn around and drive back a few hours later. Enter date sandwich, aka cramming a date in the middle of this busy day.

We headed to RAM to enjoy a beer and some good food. We were at the Illinois bar, but since they were already out of the Big Ten Championship (like us, boo) we thought we'd get right in. Not so...unless, of course, you happen to have serious city girl skills and know how to stalk for a table and parking spot. John ran to the bathroom and I snagged a booth by the time he got back. Sweet!


We ordered two of my favorites: Amber Ale Cheese Dip (ohmygosh) with flatbread and Hefeweizen, a beer I strangely enjoy. I usually stick to wine, but for some reason I really like this. Go figure! I also had a sirloin salad with dressing on the side, while John got some wings.

We headed back to the apartment for a bit to give the puppy some snuggles and take a quick cat nap. Before we knew it we were back in the car heading to see JB's second game. This game was nerve-wracking. I kept thinking, this cannot be JB's last game! Even though they were ahead the whole time, you felt like the other team could come back. Luckily they didn't, and we ended up beating them by almost 20 points! Go JB!

The whole gang! John and I, JB and his girlfriend Kelsey, Leslie, Lauren and her boyfriend, Ryan & John
Welp, I'm off to get in a workout before we go to dinner with John's family tonight. (We're getting Italian tonight - yum! - and JB's semi-state basketball game is tomorrow!) I'm thinking of doing a yoga video, or enjoying this day and doing the outdoor-friendly circuit I came up with. I took my students on a nature walk today, so either would be a nice compliment. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...