Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spinach, Caramelized Onion & Chicken Quesadillas


Plus some other goodies that didn't fit into the title! Such as...goat cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes (if you dare)...mmm.

I threw this together Sunday night after John and I had a great date day. I knew we wouldn't need too big of a dinner - late lunch at Yats will do that to you. I checked out the ingredients I had in my fridge and pantry, and decided I would do something a little different. My good friend Jourdan seems to make amazing Mexican dishes all-the-time, and when she posted this I was inspired to do something myself.

John absolutely loved these! He told me to "add them to the list" and said he loved all the different flavors. I was a huge fan as well. There were so many great flavors in these, plus it was a snap to put together. Who doesn't love fast, easy meals? Besides, this is crammed with whole grain, protein, veggies and...cheese! How can you go wrong if cheese is in it?

Spinach, Caramelized Onion & Chicken Quesadillas
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Yields 2 quesadillas
Pin It
Ingredients:
*2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded (see this post for directions)
*4 whole wheat tortillas
*4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly or shredded
*1.5 oz goat cheese
*handful of baby spinach 
*1 onion, sliced thinly
*1 tbsp brown sugar
*3 tsp butter, divided in thirds
*1 oz sun-dried tomatoes (optional, but so yummy!)

 Preparation:
*Melt 1 tsp. butter in small saucepan. Add onions and brown sugar, and cook on medium to medium-high heat until caramelized.

*Spread half of goat cheese on one side of a tortilla. Melt 1 tsp butter in medium saucepan and place tortilla in the saucepan. Add half of: mozzarella, chicken, caramelized onion, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Top with goat cheese tortilla.

*Cook until golden and crisp, then flip quesadilla until other side is golden and crisp. Remove from skillet.

*Repeat with remaining ingredients for second quesadilla.

*Cut into fourths and serve immediately!

Goat cheese...plus mozzarella, chicken and onion...plus spinach with the top on
Look. At. Those. Middle has no sun-dried tomatoes*

2 comments:

  1. Nice work .Thanks for the share. Keep up writing so that we can get more yummy recipe like this one.
    Chicken quesadilla recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will continue to do just that. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...