Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIAW: Back to Basics


After what feels like weeks of being off my routine - everything from food, exercise, sleep, work - Monday made me feel like I got back into the swing of things. After traveling and then getting sick twice in a month (life of a teacher!), my eating and exercising habits had started to get especially out of whack. I was craving lots of sweets again, not making it to the gym as often and feeling pretty bleh.

However, I'm back in my regular routine of Greek yogurt for breakfast, protein + veggies + fruit for lunch, and a nice well-rounded dinner. The only thing that wasn't on par were my snacks - too many treats in the office! Oh well. I did get back to my cardio-heavy Mondays, even though I didn't particularly feel like going at the time. I knew that by the time I finished I would be oh-so-glad I pushed myself. And I was.

Thanks for hosting, Jenn!




Breakfast: This was easy, as I stocked up on Chobani Greek yogurt the last time I was at the store. True story: the only reason I go to Marsh is for diet soda and Chobani Greek yogurt. It's worth it.



Snack: I stopped in the office to make copies and this little apple pastry was screaming my name. Unfortunately, it didn't taste as good as I'd hoped. Wah wah.


Lunch: I had a leftover chopped salad from dinner Saturday, and it was filled with chicken, bacon crumbles, red onion, hard-boiled egg and some spinach that I added in honor of National Spinach Day! I followed it up with my new obsession, a Cara Cara orange.


Snack: I stopped in the office, again, for open office hours and snacked on some cheese and pita chips, plus a handful of popcorn, while chatting with other teachers and the dean. You know I can't resist that combo!

Dinner: After Julie posted this lunch, I was craving a pasta bowl of sorts, especially since I had all the necessary ingredients on hand in my fridge. (Side note: Julie realized we have the same Fiest bowl, too! Thanks to my good friend Jessi for the lovely set!)

I knew this would fill me up after my workout, and keep me satisfied enough to resist snacking all evening. I'll post the actual recipe soon, but it included whole wheat pasta, garlic-roasted broccoli and cauliflower, wilted spinach, chardonnay apple chicken sausage, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Honestly, it was fantastic, and I didn't snack the rest of the evening.


Welp, time to finish up the last few report cards! Spring break starts at 3 p.m. Friday and I'm looking forward to my week of dental appointments with the hubby, haircut and (new!) color, spring cleaning, time outdoors and sleeping in {sigh}. Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Now you have me craving some yummy pasta! Can't wait to see the recipe :)
    I did WIAW too! Check it out on my blog at Hungry Delights
    xo Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emilie! Hopefully I'll post it tomorrow or Friday!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I hate when pastries look good and taste bad. Conversely, I hate when pastries taste good and look bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Is it too much to ask for a beautiful and tasty pastry? If only a trip to France were in my future...Darn.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...