Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lightened-Up Deviled Eggs


When I was making John his Aunt Margaret's Deviled Eggs, I got the idea that I could lighten it up a bit. I have so much fun experimenting with recipes this way, and I've had really good experiences with it, too.This recipe was no different! With a couple minor changes to Aunt Margaret's delicious recipe, I managed to pack in a bit more protein and lessen the fat, all without compromising the taste.

I'd love to hear what you think of this lightened up version of such a traditional and popular appetizer. Happy entertaining! 

Lightened-Up Deviled Eggs
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp, adapted from Aunt Margaret
Yields 12 deviled egg halves
Pin It
Ingredients:
*6 hard-boiled eggs (try this easy and fool-proof method!)
*1 tbsp. light mayo
*2 tbsp. fat free Greek yogurt
*1/8 tsp. kosher salt
*1/8 tsp. pepper
*1 tsp. stone ground mustard (or your favorite!)
*paprika

Preparation:
*Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. (You can slice a small bit off the bottom of the half and they will sit on the plate better).

*Mash the yolks well with a the tines of a fork before adding the other ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add more Greek yogurt or light mayo if it's still a little lumpy.

*Spoon into egg whites so that it is mounded. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

*Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.   

Mix it up!
Some close ups of this lightened-up delights!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...