Thursday, March 22, 2012

Creamy Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Casserole


Last week I couldn't decide what to make for dinner. I had some spinach tortellini chilling in my fridge at the end of its shelf life (impulse buy!) and some chicken needing to be cooked. I decided I could make some sort of casserole, but then I couldn't decide what should be the base of this casserole...creamy chicken or tomato cream sauce. So, I made both in individual ramekins!

John and I went crazy of them. So much so that just two days later John asked me to make the creamy chicken version as a big casserole. Since I didn't get too many pictures during the first one, this was the perfect time to document this deliciously easy meal.

Oh, and did I mention that this is another recipe with only 5 ingredients (plus an optional sixth)?! It is so, sooo good and oh-so-easy. Casseroles are great that way. Let me know what you think!

Creamy Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Casserole
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
*one package spinach tortellini
*3/4 cup cheese (I suggest a cheddar combo)
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*2 chicken breasts, cooked (I poached mine) and cut into bite-size pieces
*2 handfuls spinach (about 3 oz)
*1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs (optional)

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Cook chicken if necessary.

*In a casserole dish, combine cooked tortellini, chicken, cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup cheese and spinach. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs, if desired.

*Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
 
All the stages of the casserole
Yumminess in a bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...