Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Citrus Tilapia


This was a super tasty dish. Honestly before this recipe, I never really made tilapia. Call me silly, but I was pretty intimidated by it. Turns out? There's no reason to be! It's a light and versatile fish, and requires little effort to make something fantastic. Example: this recipe!

Don't be intimidated by the ingredient list. All you have to do is put all the ingredients in one bowl, pour it over the fish and cook it. Anyone can do that! That means you. :)

I am so glad Jourdan posted this recipe on her blog because it was absolutely delicious. It was light yet full of flavor and filling in a "I'm so content and happy but not bursting out of my pants" kind of way. I will definitely be making this again. I hope you try it because there's no way not to love it. The flavors are perfect!

Final note, I was heating up the third filet for lunch, and one of my favorite teachers walked in and said, "What is that? It smells so good!" I told her (Susan!), and she immediately said, "Is it on your blog?" Love her (you, Susan!). And here it is. :)

Sweet & Spicy Citrus Tilapia
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, via My Recipes
Serves 3
Pin It
Ingredients:
*3 tilapia fillets
*1/2 cup fresh orange juice (2 oranges - go for cara cara!)
*3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
*1 tablespoon brown sugar
*1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil  
*2 teaspoons soy sauce
*1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
*1/4 teaspoon chili powder
*1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
*2 garlic cloves, crushed

Preparation:
*Arrange fish in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan. Combine all ingredients and pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes (or more).

*Preheat broiler (at 500 degrees). Broil 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle sauce over fish.

beautiful citrus...tilapia all ready and marinating
"I am beyond tasty!" said the tilapia. (Seriously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...